Friday, October 21, 2011

Gifting My Gals

I've heard all over the hive how lovely Etsy is. I have always agreed, but I haven't had much luck. I turned to Etsy to find a cheaper alternative to my dream veil. So far, no one has replied to my custom order requests, or the replies had price offers that were no better than what I was going to get from the bridal shop.

But when I gave up on my veil, the possibilities started opening up. Etsy is the perfect place to find great gifts for your wedding party! I've got a huge wedding party. It's really, really, really big. Yet I still want to gift these amazing people who have decided to be a part of our wedding. I just don't want to spend an amount equivalent to the cost of our flowers or honeymoon.

Etsy has a ton of options, and just by browsing around, I've found some amazing ideas for gifts. It's like they knew I was coming! I knew I didn't want to give the gifts in a plain old paper gift bag, I wanted to give their gifts in a bad they could use again, a bag that would be another gift in and of itself. Seller Personalized Gifts by J had a bunch of options that I like.
Image via Etsy Seller Personalized Gifts by J

Image via Personalized Gifts by J
Image via Personalized Gifts by J
 And this seller gives a discount for buying multiples. That makes this bride happy. I intend to buy bags for my 6 bridesmaids, the 2 maids of honor, the 2 junior bridesmaids, the 3 hostesses, the 2 flowers girls, and one for myself. that's 16 bags!

I also saw something that finally pulled me off my desire to get flasks for all the women. I know my mother may disapprove, and that's not a deal breaker, but it's a deal bender. So I found another option. Something girly, decorative, still personalized, but much more classy. Oh, and did I mention waaaaay more affordable? Hive, I introduce you to Seller Madison Craft. She has so many of these lovely hand mirrors to choose from. I looked at them all and picked out ones that would be perfect for the women in the bridal party.


Image via MadisonCraft
Image via MadisonCraft
Image via MadisonCrafts
 I figure that these gifts, along with the gold earrings Grandmother Kettle is buying for the bridesmaids is a great start. I intend to gift these chicks at the rehearsal dinner, so I'm thinking about including supplies for what will likely turn into a big pre-wedding slumber party later that night.

Also, I still have to figure out what to gift the men. I'm hoping Mr. Kettle can help with that. He's got 8 groomsmen, we each have a best man, and I have 2 additional bridesmen. Le sigh.

What gifts did you give your wedding party? How much do you love Etsy?

No comments: