Monday, October 17, 2011

Clothes For Non-Bridesmaid Chicks

One of the many, many things that still need to be done for this wedding is to find clothes for important women involved with my wedding. My wedding party is huge, so there are lots o' women to clothe. Let's get to it!

Momma Kettle: We still don't know what she's wearing. I'd like her to wear something like this.
Image via Macy's / Dress by JS Boutique

Image via Macy's / Dress by BCBGMaxAzria
She may be leaning more towards a suit, but hopefully not.

Grandmother Kettle: She is being very frustrating. She found a great suit at Burlington. I helped her pick it and it's beautiful. It's a great color and she will look great on my wedding day. Just one problem, it has rhinestones on it and she has decided she must wear silver accessories. This is after months of her celebrating that gold was going to be my accent metal for the wedding.

Usually, I'm not a fan of gold unless it's white gold. I made an exception for the wedding. Grandmother Kettle wears gold everything all the time. But she's just being contrary. It sucks, but she's determined to be difficult. She has make-something-that's-not-about-me-about-me-by-any-means-necessary syndrome. Moving on.

Mima Kettle: Mr. Kettle's mother found a great dress too. I haven't seen it yet, but I hear form her and FSIL Grand that it's lovely. They were one their way to Lumber Liquidators with Poppa Kettle one day down west 95th Street in Oak Lawn. There are a ton of dress shops on that street. They stopped in one to check on a dress FSIL Grand thought she might like. Just by checking around quickly, Mima Kettle found a dress she loved. And the best part is it will look great with gold accessories!

FSIL Grand: A while back she sent me photos of dresses she might want. She hasn't found a dress yet, but I will show you what she had in mind.
Image via Dessy
Hostesses: Lastly, there are the hostesses. So far there is my cousin, Mr. Kettle's niece, and possibly another girl who I mentor at my church. We have to find a dress that will look good on all three who have very different body types. We haven't found anything perfect just yet, but I really need to get on it in case they need to be ordered and shipped. I looked at this website that I got my hostess dress from for a wedding a couple years ago. Here's some dresses I've seen that could work.
Image via eDressMe / Dress by Darling

Image via eDressMe / Dress by James and Joy

Image via eDressMe / Dress by von Vonni
Any of these in a champagne, purple, or gold color would work.

Am I crazy to want the immediate family in gold accessories as well? Is your family matching your wedding color palette?

No comments: