Sunday, September 25, 2011

Figuring Out Flowers - Our Second Florist Interview

This won't be a terribly long post hive. We had our meeting with the second florist. I was late, again!!! At least I wasn't 45 min late this time, I was only 30 min late.

But I have an even better reason this time. I did have to stop and pick up Grandmother Kettle again. But first, I picked up Momma Kettle from her job downtown. Originally, we were going to meet at the florist, but since I was in the neighborhood, I picked her up so she could leave the car with Daddy Kettle and make his trip home from work easier.

So why was I in the neighborhood? Well, I was having lunch right across the street from my mother's building, with Miss Sunhat!! We met for lunch and were both quite glad to have someone to talk to about wedding stuff who never got that glazed over, I'm-not-getting-married-so-I-really-don't-care, look in the eyes.

We shared stories of Mr. Kettle and Mr. Ball Cap both trying to avoid searching out their tuxes for the wedding. It's always interesting to find random things in common. But this post is supposed to be about meeting florists, not how awesome Miss Sunhat is, so I'm moving on.

Our second florist meeting was with Homewood Florist. The shop was lovely. I wish I had taken a picture of the outside when we walked up.

Image via Homewood Florist
That pic doesn't show the entrance in all it's glory, Imagine that, in lovely fall colors, with a welcoming arch 10 feet in front of the store.

We sat down with the florist and went over the details of what I wanted for the wedding flowers. I was right that the first wedding florist appointment made the second one go much smoother. The highlight of the appointment was when Mr. Kettle showed up unexpectedly. He's doesn't work far from there and so he came by just because. I love that man.

She took notes, made some suggestions, but mostly we went with what was decided with the first florist. She did offer some alternatives in sizes for the roses for some of the corsages and bouquets. They were very helpful suggestions.

We've gotten our quote from the second florist. After hearing about some people in the hive not getting quotes for weeks or even months, I was very worried about having to wait a very long time for our quotes. But they both came very quickly.

We're currently evaluating the two florists, and then we'll make our choice. The one thing we know for sure is that we aren't going to need to have the third florist interview. So, for your viewing and inspirational pleasure, some pictures of what this flower shop can do!

All photos via Homewood Florist

Home Ceremony Companion Piece in Homewood, IL, Homewood Florist, Inc. - (708)798-0326

Roses and Ivy Cake Decoration in Homewood, IL, Homewood Florist, Inc. - (708)798-0326

Best of the Garden Bouquet in Homewood, IL, Homewood Florist, Inc. - (708)798-0326

Blush Rose Bouquet in Homewood, IL, Homewood Florist, Inc. - (708)798-0326

This Magic Moment in Homewood IL, Homewood Florist, Inc. - (708)798-0326

Sunset Orchid Boutonniere in Homewood, IL, Homewood Florist, Inc. - (708)798-0326

How did you choose your florist? Which florist should I go with?

No comments: