Monday, September 26, 2011

Configuring The Kettle Tea Party: Wedding Theme

After reading about all the lovely themes that brides come up with for their wedding, I was feeling a bit sad, or maybe just melancholy, that we didn't have a real theme for our wedding. I knew we'd never come up with a concept that would cover the whole wedding weekend because that's just not us.

Ultimately I've been accepting that our wedding will be formal and will be romantic, but it will have a couple of quirky twists to it. One twist is my dress, it's very unexpected. Another twist is having 2s of so many things and having so many people involved. But that's not really a theme, is it?

I didn't think so. Not when there are so many real themes out there. Whether it's color, icon, flavor, or culture, we just didn't have anything like what every other bride seemed to have.

Bird Wedding Theme / Image via Perfect Wedding Zone

Pink Wedding Theme / Image by Anne Ruthmann Photography via TWIS Weddings
Sugar Wedding Theme / Image via Wedding Favors Ideas
greek inspired wedding theme
Greek Wedding Theme / Image via Lovely Wedding. Info
I wanted a theme! And guess, what hive, I've got one!

Before I tell you what it is, I'll tell you how I stumbled across our theme that already existed!

I've been loving all the banners and bunting that brides have been DIY-ing here. I was inspired to use that same concept for our Save the Dates featuring a photo from our e-photo shoot.

Kettle Tea Party Reminder, Take Two :  wedding chicago stationery 4 std+fro
Personal Photo. See the Save the Banner!
 After taking a closer look at both my first and my second attempts at making our STDs, the wheels began turning.

Then I had a conversation with Momma Kettle about our wedding favors. We're going the picture frame route. They will double as place cards for the reception. Not the most unique idea, but they are perfect for what we have in mind. We're getting them in gold and they will match our decor perfectly.

I started thinking about more DIY projects I could do and I settled on decor for the reception. As much as I loved those banners that everyone else was making for their gift tables and cake tables, I knew they were just a bit too casual for our formal/romantic wedding.

Then it hit me.

Image via I Can Has Cheez Burger
 Well, it didn't literally hit me, but it certainly figuratively hit me. Frames!!!

I could decorate our tables with all the pertinent info we needed and make the fonts/colors match our invitations and put them in lovely fantastic frames!

The frames will be fancy and lovely go perfectly with the fancy mansion on the wedding day. They've already been incorporated in a number of ways into this wedding, we just didn't realize it.
Best Engagement Party Ever! Part One  :  wedding chicago engagement Picture045 Picture045
Personal photo from E-Party Recap
Best Engagement Party Ever! Part One  :  wedding chicago engagement Picture046 Picture046
Personal photo from E-Party Recap / We'll be re-using these to display the menu at our wedding reception.
Kettle Tea Party Reminder, Take Two :  wedding chicago stationery 4 std+fro
Personal photo from STD Reveal
Kettle Tea Party Reminder, Take One :  wedding chicago save the dates Kettle1 kettle1
Personal photo from STD First Attempt
Frames everywhere!!

Here is where frames can come into our wedding:
  • Personal photos around the mansion on the wedding day
  • Frame for the poster board that will have our seating chart
  • Frame for table decor to identify where everything is
  • Frames as the only prop for the portrait backdrop. After people take serious pics, they may want to get a big goofy, and I'll go with that if we get some assorted frames for this purpose
  • Frame motif for the invitations (which are currently in the design phase)
  • Frame motif for the program, thank you cards, etc.
Frames, frames everywhere. I can't believe I never saw how all this could come together before. And there are so many options with frames. We can make it as dressy or casual as we want, so we can tie in the theme throughout the rest of the pre-wedding events. I'm pretty excited about this! Can you tell?
Image via Wedding Tweets
Image via Oil Paintings Frames
Image via Art Gallery Frames

What's your theme? Did you decide before you began planning or did it fall in your lap like mine did?

No comments: