Friday, August 19, 2011

When I Get All Steamed Up Hear Me Shout!

Okay, so maybe I've been dying to include all the lyrics from "I'm A Little Teapot" somewhere. I'm Miss Kettle and I'm quirky. Forgive me hive, I just can't help myself. So, what is a shouting-and-steamed-up teapot referring to? Music of course!

One of the best things about marrying a musician is the direct benefits to my ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. We are having, wait for it, three different sets of musicians. We're going to have a string trio for our ceremony, a jazz trio for our cocktail hour, and a DJ for our reception. It's going to be amazing.

The day Mr. Kettle announced our engagement on Facebook, he asked who would play at our wedding for free and several people responded. He was joking, but he definitely took them up on their offer.

The DJ is a friend of his who's soooo good down in St. Louis. He'll be coming in for our wedding. He's spinning for us as a wedding gift. Also, we're having three musician friends of Mr. Kettle's playing live jazz music during our cocktail hour. They also offered to play as a wedding gift.

The string quartet for the ceremony didn't offer to pay for free, but they are doing a reduced price for us. Winning!

Music is something that's very important to me for our big day and I feel so blessed that I am able to have these things that are a high priority for me while still having budget money available for other things, like flowers!

This is what I imagine for our wedding music.

Image: Palmetto Strings String Trio Photo

Image: Scottsdale Music and Entertainment

Image: Outer Banks Video DJs

No comments: