Saturday, August 27, 2011

My Mansion For A Day

In my last post, I talked about re-designing the budget. I mentioned that Momma Kettle was looking to move our wedding venue somewhere else other than Chateau Bu-Sche. I glossed over it at the time, but now I'm ready to talk about it.

Actually, hive, I want to shout it from the rooftops!! But first a bit of background for anyone who hasn't been stalking my Weddingbee posts. We started our wedding venue search looking for somewhere we could have the ceremony and reception. We found a great place that just wasn't right for us.

We moved on to another venue that I fell in love with, but was outside our budget. Ultimately, we went with a venue I liked and had some details that worked for us, even if it wasn't a perfect fit.

Now, back to my shouting!

Image: Houston Streaming Video
We have switched our venue to the Patrick C. Haley Mansion!!!! This was the venue I fell in love with but was outside our budget. All our budget re-working was to make this venue happen. Our classy yet raging party we all hoped to have is going to go down there! Woot!

I truly didn't believe it when Momma and Daddy Kettle told me and Mr. Kettle we were making the switch. I hesitated to believe it when they took Mima and Poppa Kettle out to Joliet to take a look. They loved it too. Then my parents came back with a contract for me to sign to transfer the deposit from Chateau Bu-Sche to the Mansion.

When I got the confirmation e-mail from the Mansion, then I believed it. It was true. The Chateau people agreed to transfer our deposit so we didn't lose it. Thank God they're owned by the same people.

So now we're having our lovely, possibly 300 guest-attended, winter wedding at the venue of my dreams. Just to remind you...

The Kettles Continue Their Search for a Cupboard :  wedding chicago venues 270 270
Personal Photo
The Kettles Continue Their Search for a Cupboard :  wedding chicago venues 274 274
Personal Photo
The Kettles Continue Their Search for a Cupboard :  wedding chicago venues 283 283
Personal Photo: I can't believe I'm actually truly really getting reading in this room!!
I figured most people wouldn't take the time to scroll down the right side of the page on my posts for Weddingbee to see that the venue listed isn't the same as the one I've been saying was our venue. Only one person asked me about it. I was glad about it since I wanted to tell our story in the order that it happened instead of glossing over the details. But now my story reflects what's posted. Yay!

No comments: