Friday, January 13, 2012

How To Over-Complicate Decisions - Father/Daughter Dance Edition

Daddy Kettle isn't a dancer. He doesn't seem to enjoy dancing very much.

Image via
Okay, Daddy Kettle isn't quite that bad. He can dance. I know this for a fact because we danced at my cotillion when I was a debutante. He just doesn't do it often.

For my wedding, I expect things will be even better. It's not a church event, so Daddy Kettle will probably have had at least a beer or two and will be more relaxed. Also, my dress is tea length and we won't have to do special maneuvers to avoid tripping and falling over a dress that's too long.

There's only one problem: we haven't picked a song yet. I've asked him at least three times. The first two times, he didn't even respond. Literally nothing. No looks, no words, no nothing.

My Daddy and I have a great relationship, so I don't take the avoidance personally. I just feel that it's a decision he's probably not sure how to make. The song selection is very important. I haven't been pushing the issue because I can't even think of a good song myself!

There's always My Girl by the Temptations. There are several others that are popular choices, but none seem perfect. We're down to 4 weeks, and we need to let our DJ know in just 2 weeks.

I'm at a loss here and I need help from the hive. Any good song suggestions?

No comments: