Friday, August 5, 2011

Heating Up The Water - Getting To Know The Kettles Part One

Hi hive! The first thing you should know about me, at least the foreseeable future, is that I usually blog while at work. I love my job, but I work 12 hour shifts. So when I'm not working, I'm at home sleeping or trying desperately to slip in a bit of actually living life.

I say this to say don't judge me for the occasional lack of coherence. Did I mention I work the night shift?

Image via Wikipedia / Book by Stephen King

No, not that night shift, but I've heard it's good writing. I work in an office doing good work with organ and tissue donation. Be an Organ Donor!

My job consists more of me sitting here like this:


Learning lots 'o stuff (I'm still training) from over sized binders such as this:


And calling myself healthy because I eat snack like this:


The great thing about working nights is that I'm a night owl. The other great thing is that Mr. Kettle is a musician. On days I don't have to work, I have no problem staying out with him at a gig until the sun comes up. And he has some amazing gigs. Ever been to Andy's Jazz Club in Chicago?


personal photo taken @ Andy's Jazz Club
That's him playing the alto saxophone in the picture. I love that man with an undying passion. Want to see more pictures of him? Of course you do.





Whoa! Sorry about that last one. But I showed so many of him as this "serious" musician, I felt I needed to change it up. I love Mr. Kettle's music and I love his sense of humor. He's my favorite fiance thus far. Did I mention I have an odd sense of humor?

Mr. Kettle is also a teacher. He teaches music to elementary age children. He's an amazing teacher and his kids always love him. He works very hard. He also gets summers off which is sweet!

We're both very family-oriented people. We spend a lot, a lot, of time with our family and friends. We're very simpatico that way.

Image via Timberlake-JustinFans
Did anyone see that ridiculous movie Bad Teacher? No one? Just the crickets? Okay...

What else can I say about us? I could talk about how we met, and how we got engaged. That's generally what people talk about right up front, yes? Okay, that's what I'll talk about in my next posts.
It's really great to be here hive, I can't say that enough.

No comments: